Dr. Narayanan is experienced in the clinical evaluation and care of acute stroke patients, intensive care monitoring of neurological and neurosurgical patients, telestroke assessments, and interpretation of noninvasive neuroimaging. She also specializes in minimally invasive neuroendovascular procedures such as mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke, coiling and flow diversion of intracranial aneurysms, embolization of adult and pediatric cranial and spinal arteriovenous malformations, fistulas, and tumors, extra- and intracranial angioplasty and stenting, and minimally invasive percutaneous spinal procedures, including cervical/lumbar punctures, myelograms, and epidural blood patches. She is passionate about teaching fellows, residents, and medical students, as well as allied health professionals and lay audiences.
Education & Training
- MD, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Medicine
- Intern, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Internal Medicine
- Resident, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Neurology
- Fellow, Emory University Hospital, Diagnostic Neuroradiology
- Fellow, Emory University Hospital, Interventional Neuroradiology
Specialized Areas of Clinical, Research and/or Educational Interests
- Clinical: Acute ischemic stroke systems of care; Quality improvement in neurointervention; Radiation safety; Devices in hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke
- Education: Medical education
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology: Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology: Vascular Neurology United Council of Neurological Subspecialties: Neuroimaging Society of Neurological Surgeons Committee on Advanced
- Subspecialty Training: Neuroendovascular Surgery
Professional Organization Membership
- Co-Chair, 17th & 18th SNIS Annual Meetings (2020-21)
- Member-at-Large (Interventional Neurology), Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery (SNIS)
- Chair, Women in Neurointervention (WIN) committee, SNIS
- Vice Chair, Women in Neurology (WIN) Subcommittee, SVIN
- Member, International Stroke Conference Planning Committee (2019-2022)
Honors & Awards
- Elected Fellow of the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (FSVIN)
- Physician Spotlight, Beaumont Hospital-Dearborn, Dearborn, Michigan
- Physician Difference Maker, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- 10-year Service Award, Wayne State University
Gupta R, Saver JL, Levy EI, Zaidat OO, Yavagal DR, Liebeskind DS, Khaldi A, Gross BA, Lang MJ, Narayanan, S, Jankowitz BT, Snyder KV, Siddiqui, AH, Davies JM, Lin E, Hassan AE, Hanel R, Aghaebrahim A, Kaushal R, Malek A, Mueller-Kronast NH, Starke RM, Bozorgchami H, Nesbit GM, Priest R, Horikawa M, Liu J, Budzik RF, Pema P, Vora N, Taqi MA, Samaniego EA, Wang QT, Nossek E, Dabus G, Linfante I, Puri AS, Abergel E, Starkman S, Tateshima S, Jadhav AP. A New Class of Radially Adjustable Stentrievers for Acute Ischemic Stroke: Primary Results of the Multicenter Tiger Trial. Stroke 2021;52(5):1534-1544
Saber H, Jadhav A, Rajah GB, Narayanan S, Sheth SA, Liebeskind D, Somai M. Clinical trials of neurointervention: 2007-2018. J Neurointerv Surg. 2019;11(12):1277-1282.
Lewis W, Saber H, Sadeghi M, Rajah G, Narayanan S. Trans venous endovascular recanalization for cerebral venous thrombosis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. World Neurosurg 2019;130:341-350. PMID: 31284054.
Saber H, Kherallah RY, Hadied MO, Kazemlou S, Chamiraju P, Narayanan S. Antiplatelet therapy and the risk of ischemic and hemorrhagic complications associated with Pipeline embolization of cerebral aneurysms: a systematic review and pooled analysis. J Neurointerv Surg. 2018 Sep 10 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 30201813
Regling K, Pomerantz D, Narayanan S, Altinok D, Sivaswamy L, Marupudi NI, Callaghan MU, Martin A. Reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome and sickle cell disease: A case report. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2019 Nov 26 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 31789782
Publications can be viewed through PubMed.