Dr. Zivkovic graduated from University of Zagreb School of Medicine in 1992, followed by postdoctoral fellowship at NIH. He completed residency in neurology and fellowship in clinical neurophysiology at UPMC and joined the faculty at University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in 2002. From 2004 to 2015 he has also served as attending neurologist at VA Pittsburgh HCS. He attained the rank of Professor of Neurology in 2017.
Education & Training
- MD, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia, Medicine
- PhD, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia, Biomedicine
Specialized Areas of Clinical, Research and/or Educational Interests
- Research/Clinical: Peripheral neuropathy, neurologic complications of systemic amyloidosis, quality improvement and quality control of neuromuscular clinical care
- Neurology (ABPN)
- Neuromuscular Medicine (ABPN)
- Added qualification in Clinical Neurophysiology (ABPN)
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM)
Professional Organization Membership
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (AAN)
- American Association for Neuromuscular Medicine (AANEM)
- Peripheral Nerve Society (PNS)
- International Society for Amyloidosis (ISA)
Honors & Awards
- Elected by peers to “Best Doctors in America”
- Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award, elected by residents, Department of Neurology, UPMC
- Fellow, American Academy of Neurology
Zivkovic S, Gruener G, Arnold M, Winter C, Nuckols T, Narayanaswami P; the Quality Improvement Committee of the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine. Quality measures in electrodiagnosis: Carpal tunnel syndrome-An AANEM Quality Measure Set. Muscle Nerve. 2020 Apr;61(4):460-465. doi: 10.1002/mus.26810. Epub 2020 Feb 3. PubMed PMID: 31950523.
Živković S, Soman P, Lacomis D. Late-onset peripheral neuropathy in patients with wild type transthyretin amyloidosis (wtATTR). Amyloid. 2019 Nov 29:1-2. doi: 10.1080/13506129.2019.1697224. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 31782666.
Verboon C, Doets AY, Galassi G, Davidson A, Waheed W, Péréon Y, Shahrizaila N, Kusunoki S, Lehmann HC, Harbo T, Monges S, Van den Bergh P, Willison HJ, Cornblath DR, Jacobs BC; IGOS Consortium. Current treatment practice of Guillain-Barré syndrome. Neurology. 2019 Jul 2;93(1):e59-e76. doi: 10.1212/WNL.0000000000007719. Epub 2019 Jun 7. PubMed PMID: 31175208.
Puwanant A, Isfort M, Lacomis D, Živković SA. Clinical spectrum of neuromuscular complications after immune checkpoint inhibition. Neuromuscul Disord. 2019 Feb;29(2):127-133. doi: 10.1016/j.nmd.2018.11.012. Epub 2018 Dec 3. Review. PubMed PMID: 30638612.
Doets AY, Verboon C, van den Berg B, Harbo T, Cornblath DR, Willison HJ, Islam Z, Attarian S, Barroso FA, Bateman K, Benedetti L, van den Bergh P, Casasnovas C, Cavaletti G, Chavada G, Claeys KG, Dardiotis E, Davidson A, van Doorn PA, Feasby TE, Galassi G, Gorson KC, Hartung HP, Hsieh ST, Hughes RAC, Illa I, Islam B, Kusunoki S, Kuwabara S, Lehmann HC, Miller JAL, Mohammad QD, Monges S, Nobile Orazio E, Pardo J, Pereon Y, Rinaldi S, Querol L, Reddel SW, Reisin RC, Shahrizaila N, Sindrup SH, Waqar W, Jacobs BC; IGOS Consortium. Regional variation of Guillain-Barré syndrome. Brain. 2018 Oct 1;141(10):2866-2877. doi: 10.1093/brain/awy232. PubMed PMID: 30247567.