Dr. Ojha serves as the UPMC Neurology Residency Program Director. Clinically, he is a neurohospitalist and is actively involved in the neurology consult and general neurology inpatient teams while also rounding at some of the community hospitals. Both roles allow him to work extensively with neurology residents as well as medical students, psychiatry residents and medicine residents. During his off-service weeks, he performs EMGs/autonomic studies and interprets EEGs.
Education & Training
- MD, Case Wester Reserve University, College of Medicine, Medicine
- Resident, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Neurology
- Fellow, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Clinical Neurophysiology
Specialized Areas of Clinical, Research and/or Educational Interests
- Research: Medical education
- Clinical: Neurohospitalist
- Education: Resident and Medical student education/mentoring, Didactic Curriculum development, Clinician-Educator Career Development
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Professional Organization Membership
- American Academy of Neurology
- Neurohospitalist Society
Selected Recent Publications
Ojha A, Zivkovic SA, Lacomis D: Electrodiagnostic studies in the intensive care unit: A comparison study 2 decades later. Muscle Nerve 57(5): 772-776, 2017.
Ojha A, Zivkovic SA: Neurological emergencies in the immunocompromised population. Emergencies in Neurology: Volume II : 157-170, 2019.
Jackowiak E, Shah N, Chen H, Ojha A, Doyle J, Shepler A, Bogdanovich T, Silveira FP, Haidar G: A case of immune reconstitution syndrome complicating progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy after kidney transplant: Clinical, pathological and radiographic features. Transpl Infect Diseases 21(5):e13162, 2019.