Dr. Yanta’s clinical focus is on the treatment of headache and facial pain. Her chief clinical site is the UPMC Headache Center, though she also serves as a neurology resident clinic preceptor at the UPMC Neurology Clinic in the Kaufmann Medical Building. She is active in medical education at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Education & Training
- MD, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Medicine
- Resident, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Neurology
- Fellow, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Headache Medicine
Specialized Areas of Clinical, Research and/or Educational Interests
- Research/Education: Undergraduate medical education, simulation-based learning
- Clinical: Migraine, cluster headache, cranial neuralgias
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties - Headache
Professional Organization Membership
- Member, American Academy of Neurology
- Member, American Headache Society
- Member, Association for Medical Education in Europe
Honors & Awards
- Kenneth E. Schuit Award, Recognizing the Dean’s Master Educators, University of Pittsburgh
Selected Recent Publications
Catherine C, Yanta C, Saand AR, Pilato M, Chou SH. Pearls & Oysters: The dangers of PRES: An atypical case with life-threatening presentation. Neurology. 2019, 92(3): 282-285.
Yanta C, Knepper L, Van Deusen R, Ruppert K. Hybrid Lumbar Puncture Simulation: Teaching Entrustable Professional Activities During the Medical Student Neurology Clerkship. Association for Medical Education in Europe 2020: The Virtual Conference. September 2020 (accepted).
Swart ECS, Good CB, Henderson R, Yanta C, Parekh N, Neilson LM. Identifying Outcome Measures for Migraine Value-Based Contracting Using the Delphi Method. Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy 2020 Annual Meeting. April, 2020. Houston, TX, USA.
Knepper L, Yanta C, Safier R, Levin A, Ojha A, Stakic J, Carter S, Littleton B. Assessment of Medical Student Electronic Health Record Patient Note Documentation Assessing Three Core Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs) at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (UPSOM). 2018 World Summit on Competency Based Medical Education. August, 2018. Basel, Switzerland.