Dr. Chahine is a Movement Disorders Neurologist whose research and clinical practice focus on Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders. Dr. Chahine’s research interests include epidemiology and clinical/biomarker characterization of Parkinson’s disease and its prodrome.
Education & Training
- BS, American University of Beirut, Biology
- MD, American University of Beirut, Medicine
- Intern/Resident, Cleveland Clinic, Neurology
- Fellow, University of Pennsylvania, Movement Disorders
- MS, University of Pennsylvania, Clinical Epidemiology
Specialized Areas of Clinical, Research and/or Educational Interests
- Research/Clinical: Movement Disorders, Parkinson’s Disease, REM sleep behavior disorder
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Professional Organization Membership
- American Academy of Neurology
- Movement Disorders Society
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical society member
Chahine LM, Chin I, Caspell-Garcia C, Standaert DG, Brown E, Smolensky L, Arnedo V, Daeschler D, Riley L, Korell M, Dobkin R, Amondikar N, Gradinscak S, Shoulson I, Dean M, Kwok K, Cannon P, Marek K, Kopil C, Tanner CM, Marrason C; behalf of the Fox Insight Study. Comparison of an Online-Only Parkinson's Disease Research Cohort to Cohorts Assessed In Person. J Parkinson’s Dis. 2020 Jan 13. doi: 10.3233/JPD-191808.
Chahine LM, Urbe L, Caspell-Garcia C, Aarsland D, Alcalay R, Barone P, Burn D, Espay AJ, Hamilton JL, Hawkins KA, Lasch S, Leverenz JB, Litvan I, Richard I, Siderowf A, Coffey CS, Simuni T, Weintraub D; Parkinson’s Progression Markers Initiative. Cognition among individuals along a spectrum of increased risk for Parkinson's disease. PLoS One. 2018 Aug 20;13(8):e0201964
Chahine LM, Stern MB. Parkinson's Disease Biomarkers: Where Are We and Where Do We Go Next? Mov Disord Clin Pract. 2017 Oct 2;4(6):796-805.
Chahine LM, Kauta SR, Daley JT, Cantor CR, Dahodwala N. Surface EMG activity during REM sleep in Parkinson's disease correlates with disease severity. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders. 2014 Jul;20(7):766-71.
Chahine LM, Qiang J, Ashbridge E, Minger J, Yearout D, Horn S, Colcher A, Hurtig HI, Lee VM, Van Deerlin VM, Leverenz JB, Siderowf AD, Trojanowski JQ, Zabetian CP, Chen-Plotkin A. Clinical and biochemical differences in patients having Parkinson disease with vs without GBA mutations. JAMA Neurology. 2013 Jul;70(7):852-8.